KTU Rework Tutorial - Samsung GT-S5230
Here we show you how to dismantle the Samsung GT-S5230 with the objective to avoid damage to the product as your client might want you to fix it and not further damage. Unfortunately this product has certain design elements that require you to open it slowly and carefully as otherwise it will only close if you use lots of tape.
1. Our patient GT-S5230
2. remove all screws
3. Press at the side using a flat screwdriver
4. press casing apart to open
4. Then further apply presure by slightly turning the screw driver when you have it in the slot.
5. Move the Screw driver gradually along ther out wall to release the inner hooks.
6. cover is removed
7. remove inner metal cover
8. lift off inner metal cover
9. remove screw near camera
10. lift off pcb from front cover
11. detach connectors on both sides of pcb
Then we go to the rework station IR